Congressman Rick Larsen is serving his ninth term in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Mr. Larsen represents the Second Congressional District of Washington state, which is north of Seattle and includes portions of Snohomish, Skagit, and Whatcom counties, and all of Island and San Juan counties. He is a leader on transportation and aviation, trade, and U.S.-China relations. He is a strong advocate for pro-growth policies that support innovation, job creation and a strong economic foundation. The Second District is home to Boeing’s largest facility where workers make the 747s, 767s, 777s, 787s and the Air Force KC-46 refueling tanker. The District is also home to Naval Station Everett and Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, which serve central roles in the Defense Department’s Asia-Pacific mission. Rick and his wife, Tiia, are the proud parents of two sons, Robert and Per, who represent the fifth generation of Larsens in the District.
Areas of Expertise
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Electronic Warfare
Committee and Caucus Leadership
Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Subcommittee on Aviation (Ranking Member)
- Subcommittee on Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation
Committee on Armed Services
- Subcommittee on Seapower and Expeditionary
- Subcommittee on Strategic Forces
- U.S.-China Working Group (Founder and Co-Chair)
- Congressional Arctic Working Group (Founder and Co-Chair)
- Electronic Warfare Working Group (Co-Chair)